TO BE HELD SATURDAY 20th JANUARY 2018
(WELLINGTON ANNIVERSARY WEEKEND)
CLUB FISHING COMPETITION RULES
- All boats to be skipped by a financial Waikanae Boating Club Member.
- All persons on boats entering or departing water are required to be wearing life jackets also to use your VHF to call in or contact the tower on departure and return.
- Rods and hand lines only to be used fishing.
- Boats with long lines or nets or contacting other boats with long lines and nets will be disqualified.
- People attempting to weigh in undersize fish will be disqualified.
- All boats to enter water from Waikanae Boating Club.
- Organising Committee decision id final.
- Organising Committee: Bob Monaghan and Mike Moloney
- Along with Bob Tait, Hannah Spicer, Simon Warren, Dick Stent and Anne Biddle
- Senior/Junior (16 years and under)
Skippers take note: that’s these species are awarded points to 5th place so make sure that you weigh your fish in even if you don’t think its heavy enough. It may still score points towards this competition. The boat with the most accumulated points overall becomes the TOP boat for the day. So the more species you catch the better chance you have of winning.
- SPECIES : Blue Cod, Gurnard, Tarakihi, Kahawai, Kingfish, Snapper, Groper, Trevally, John Dory, Tuna, Scarpie.
- POINTS AWARDED FOR EACH SPECIES:
1st-5 Points, 2nd-4 Points, 3rd-3 Points, 4th-2 Points,5th -1 Point
- Totals are accumulated by boats anglers.
- Anglers names to be recorded at registration.
AGENDA ANNUAL FISHING COMPETITION
WELLINGTON ANNIVERSARY WEEKEND 21ST,22ND &23RD JANUARY 2017
Thursday 18th January 2018
Ø Registration 6pm-8pm
Friday 19th January 2018
Ø Registration 6pm-9pm
Ø Spot prizes drawn x2 6.30pm,x2 7.30pm,x2 8.30pm-(need to present to collect prize)
Saturday 20th January 2018
Ø Cancellation notice on Beach FM (106.3) 6.30am.
Ø Registration 6am-8am or 5pm-7pm.
Ø Fishing Competition commences 7.00 am-4.00pm (Boats to be on the beach by 4.00pm)
(Boats can be in the water but are not to leave the beach until the committee gives the okay-that will be when the club flag is raised and the okay given over VHF channel 77. This is the working channel for WBC throughout the competition)
Ø All fish to be weighed in and recorded prior to 4.30pm.
Ø Spot prizes drawn from 6.00pm onwards (need to be present to collect prize)
Sunday 21st January 2018
Ø Fishing Competition commences 7.00am if cancelled on Saturday, notification of cancellation on WBC Website.
Ø Registration 7.00am-9.00am (If Saturday is cancelled)
Ø Fishing Commencement and Weigh in as per Saturday.
Ø Prize giving (Including remaining spot prizes) 2.00pm if fishing commenced on Saturday.
Monday 21st January 2018
Ø Fishing Competition commences as per above from 6.00am-12.00 noon if it has been cancelled on both Saturday and Sunday. Cancellation notice will be on the WBC Website as per above.
Ø There is no registration on Monday.
Ø All boats are required to be back on the beach by 12.00 midday.
Ø Weigh in to be completed and recorded prior to 1.00pm.
Ø Prize giving 3.00pm if finished on Monday.
IF NO FISHING IS DONE OVER THE WHOLE WEEKEND IT GOES TO SPOT PRIZES ON
MONDAY 21st JANUARY 11.00AM……….HAPPY FISHING